Monday 30 August 2010

Things that might interest you about the coming few months.

1) I'm (probably) going to take part in a 30 day handwriting challenge. The kind of crap you see on Tumblr all the time but I don't want to clog up my dashboard plus I'm not nearly regular enough on this blog.
2) I'm going on a diet. I know this is going to sound silly given my OMG GUYS blant (blog-rant!) of a few days ago but I am in control of my body and I have put on a few pounds over the vacays...so you might hear a few details of that.

So that's a little preview of a few things that will be upcoming. Meanwhile, today I worked, because it was Bank Holiday Monday which means time-and-a-half and a day's holiday backatcha.

This is what I always think about when I hear Bank Holiday. Because he's Mr Banks. And he works in a bank.
And I'm so bored of my job! I know I've only been in it for 9 months, and I only do it once a week, but the endless monotony of selling stuff is just a killer. So is the awkward interaction with staff. So is being so darn nice to people all the time. Because I like a challenge as much as the next person, and this is just boring.
Not to say that I'm not going to stick at it. They were good enough to give an inexperienced 16 year old a job, they pay me still, they give me nice hours...yeah, I'm lucky. Just bored and lucky.

There was another thing that I was thinking about today...internet privacy. It started in Jilabi's whilst we were googling my Dad. He's a technophobe, hasn't got a Facebook account, only uses the internet for work purposes; but a quick google revealed the existence of my Dad - name, age, name of his wife - on the electoral roll. I can't help but think it's just a small, slightly more underhand step from there to identity fraud. And I'm not really comfortable with that!



Growing up as part of the internet generation, I've wantonly scattered myself across the web - I have a Facebook, a Myspace, a Twitter, a Bebo, a Hi5, a Piczo, a Stardoll, a Tumblr, a DailyBooth, an Elfwood account, and countless other accounts on websites like Amazon, eBay, Paypal, et cetera et cetera et cetera. And that's not even taking into account this blog. A potential employer would just have to tap my name into the almighty Google machine to find me ranting about internet privacy...and periods, and being bored, and all sorts of things. Which means really I should censor myself.

But I don't want to! So...future employer...look away! Stop being nosy please :) I promise I won't defraud you, I'll be on time every day and I'll leave no more than 3 minutes before the end of the working day. Hire me.

That's subliminal messaging for you. I am very punctual.



Wow, I've completely lost track. Oh yeah, it unnerves me to have such a shocking amount of information about myself on the web, but at the same time I like it. When I die, my blog lives on until Google deactivates it. There will be little traces left behind. Millions and billions of people from the past are forgotten snap-diddly, lost in time and confined to a little gravestone in a cemetery and maybe a scribbled line in a census book or something but I'll have my credit card number, pictures of Hitler in bunny ears and a too-long blant to remember me by too :)


And with that bizarre image burned into your mind, I leave you.

Emma xxx

No comments: