Ohh don't tempt me!
ANYWAY, it's Friday! I've now seen three episodes of Come Dine With Me in a row, a pitiful juxtaposition to my curly-fries-and-cheese masterpiece. Heart attack on a plate? One for me please, waiter!
I'm going to post later about other things (they're kind of boring and serious so if you prefer me to ramble about cereal and libraries...eh, just shut your eyes and imagine. You know me well enough by now.) And for the moment I'm going to do that thing I've done since time immemorial and Fill in the Blanks!
For some reason, I REALLY like that picture. It reminds me of those Penguin book cover redesigns that I keep seeing.
|These are pretty, if not what I really meant when I googled "penguin books" for a picture.|
2. If I were a pair of shoes I would be: I'm going to get a little artistic on this. Worn out trainers, really comfy and battered, the kind you go to when you just want to walk without interference from your feet, but with unicorn stickers on the side and laces made out of spaghetti. Because I can be a little bit weird, but I'm still easygoing.
3. My preferred mode of digital communication is: Facebooking and texting. The latter if it's urgent but Facebook just for convenience - you can lose your phone but most people check Facebook once a day or so, even if they aren't that into it. Plus you can get a message out to more than one person at once more easily.
4. I feel happiest when: Book, music, bed. Nuff said.
5. A little dream I have for my life is: I'm never going to let go of my first job choice. When I grow up, I want to be a writer. Still. After all this time.
6. The one modern convenience I could NOT do without is: I'd say laptop, but actually I need my phone for SO MANY THINGS and there's no substitute for being able to contact people anywhere, any time. Plus notes and alarm clock (Christ, I'd never wake up) and calendar...but I couldn't live without my laptop either. And imagine having no dishwasher, washing machine...argh, thank God for technology.
7. Music, movies, TV or books: if I could only choose one to enjoy I would pick: The old loyalty to the written word still wins out. I think expending a little time and effort into reading a book immerses you more than TV or a movie ever can. And even though I love my music, so much, I could live without it. Life without books would kill me well and truly!
Blanks deblanked, how was your week?
And I guess I'll see you later this eventide.