Friday 13 August 2010

God it's been a long week.

In case you were wondering, my lack of committed blog-a-logging this week is due to two things,
WORK EXPERIENCE
+
ROBYN!

Work experience you've heard about, so I'll focus a little bit more on Robyn here. I've known Robyn since I was 11, and she moved away to the remote north in Year 10. She's one of my best friends despite this because she's incredibly down-to-earth and easy to get along with, and our prolonged separations mean she doesn't get sick of my jokes as quickly as the rest of my amigos :)

Because of work experience, I hardly got to spend any time with her, which is sad. But we went for Inception and a pizza on Wednesday night, and last night I dragged myself, heavy with fatigue and general 'why-am-not-having-a-holiday-like-normal-people'-ness inside my soul.

Only to be greeted by three of my best friends, a plate of homemade samosas (from scratch!) a vegetable curry and chocolate mousse for dessert, followed by three bottles of wine and twister on the trampoline.

It's so nice when you realise how fantastic your friends are and how much you love them. Anyway, here's a few pictures. Nothing too spicy, I got a lense error pretty early on in the evening :(


Which left me pretty knackered, but never mind. The two blondes in the photo are both going on holiday next week so it was nice to see them.

Next on the agenda, Fill in the Blank Friday



1.  Birthdays are:
honestly, I'm not so keen on the attention!! I'd rather just ignore it.

2.  My favorite birthday memory was: I went to the theatre one year to see Five Children and It...and I just remember it being totally magical. I was transported to another world for a few hours.

3.  A birthday tradition I (or my family) has is
: measuring our heights against the height chart on the back of my sisters door, every year on our birthdays. We had to add an extension after a while, and I've watched myself slowly catch up on my parents' lines! It's cute because you can see when we learned to write our names, and how much taller than my sister is than me...et cetera.

4.  If I had to choose one birthday meal to eat for the rest of my birthdays hence forward, I would choose: A roast from Toby Carvery. Just because I do it every year. And it tastes good. The yorkshire puddings are ENORMOUS.

5.  My birthday is on
: June 21st. Midsummer's Eve, I'll have you know. I quite like that about it. Fairies and spirits and the veil growing thin and the turn of the year, there's something quite magical about it.

6.  If I could take a birthday trip I would go: somewhere cultural and historical and vibey and totally unlike what we do on our holidays normally (Beach...shopping...eating...beach.) I'd go Rome, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Pompeii...y'know, somewhere continental.

7.  The best gift I've ever received for my birthday was: I'm going to have to say my first laptop. It was the start of a beautiful relationship!


As usual, that tops off a very long, very tiring week. Did I mention that by this time tomorrow I'll have worked 8 days in a row, and something like 62 hours over those 8? Nevermind. It'll be worth it when I'm rich, successful and gorgeous :)

Tomorrow: Inception and why it boggles my brain, but I still love it.

What have you done this week?

Emma x

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the idea of the measuring chart! :) we always got to pick what we had for dinner on our birthdays! All I've been up to this week is workworkwork, plus prepping for returning to law school next week. Nothing exciting :)