Friday 10 September 2010


Hello Friday! You've taken long enough to come around. Seriously, the first week back at college was the longest one ever. Anyway, here's a few blanks to keep you going over the weekend. Thanks Lauren! 

1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten is: erm...nothing, really :) I'm a conservative nommer.

2. I wouldn't be caught dead in: those calf length skirts that seem to be de rigeur at the moment. You look like you're in Little House on the Prairie.

3. When I am 75 I will...wear a purple dress and a red hat that doesn't match. Or is it the other way round? Anyway I intend to be utterly eccentric, to make awkward conversation with everyone in the supermarket, do hip things with the grandkids and ramble on for hours about the internet revolution. And ting.


4. If I had to be named after a place I would want to be named: Wow, we're at the height of randomness now. I have no idea :D I think it would be cool to be India.


5. My name is: Emma Rose Crighton. Means nothing, but I like it because Emma can basically be anybody, girlie, tomboy, clever, thick...whatever?


6. My all time favorite photo is: this!



It just reminds me of a fantastic day,
and my hair was epic,
and we were just happy as Larry :)

7. If I could afford it I would: pay off all the mortgages and loans and tuition fees my parents will be paying over the next few years. Boring I know, but sadly probably the best usage of money i can think of.

So that's that one done! Things I have enjoyed this week:
  • Rediscovering old music 
  • Eating cupcakes ten to the dozen thanks to somebody's 18th :)
  • Eating out three days in a row for the same reason. (Here ...they have an excellent vegetarian menu. I personally opted for half a dead cow and some bacon on top, for the bargain price of about 5 quid due to half price vouchers from t'internet.)
  • Vintage finds from the charity shop thanks to payday...and an exceedingly warm men's cashmere jumper for the bargain price of six of you finest british pounts. 

 Things I have found infuriating:

  •  I personally think that if Rev. Terry Jones, creator of the inspired "National Burn A Koran" day really wants to burn the qu'ran, we should burn him. Over a barbeque. Preferably using the tongs of religious tolerance and dressed using an I-don't-tar-all-muslims-with-the-same brush. Twat. Wonder how he'd feel if I announced I was going to burn Bibles to protest the continued influence of religious doctrine in the education of children in America as well as here?
  • The use of "indie" "quirky" songs in adverts. I mean really, one is okay. But I swear the bandwagon has been jumped on enough now. The straw that broke the bullfrog's back was this one:



      Although the stop motion ones look EPIC.

      Oooh I do get heated when it comes to hot topics! All in all my week hasn't been too bad :D

      Emma x

      No comments: