1. If I didn't have to work anymore I would: basically just not have enough money to go on holidays. Or go shopping, fun things like that. Because er, I only work on a Saturday :)
2. My favorite thing about a vacation is: pushing all of your to-do list to one side and just ignoring it all and enjoying yourself. Reading lots of books. The beach. Sightseeing and being wowed. Taking photos. Reading maps and getting lost in new places. Excitment, packing lists, sunburn, air sickness, foreign taxis...argh it's all so exciting!
3. When packing for a trip I: viciously underpack because I'm terrified of going over the baggage limit. This year I packed half as much for twice as long as my friends and weighed 12kg, which was 8kg under the limit. Admittedly I wore a bikini for most of the holiday anyway :)
4. If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose: honestly? Truly? My sister. Famous people are cool but she's the one I'd get along with the most.
5. My top 3 absolute travel essentials are: book, camera, aftersun. Book because reading on holiday is the best thing ever. Camera because what's a good holiday without the pictures to look at afterwards? And aftersun because I burn like a baby and it comes in pretty handy!
6. Vacations are: the absolute best thing ever.
7. On vacation you must always: be a tourist. Eh, it's fun to see the tourist things!
Anyway, on a fashion note...have you seen beautiful, practical, vintage-y, pocket-filled just everywhere at the moment? Because I am. And they're gorgeous. It all started for me with Gala's blog about the contents of her handbag. A post which, predictably, I can't find now. But never mind! It looked like this:
But with her name embossed in silver along the top. Ohh, I fell in love! Unfortunately, without £85.00 to spare, I was stuck.
Then along came Primark with their version:
|An ebay flipper is selling this for £13 over the original price. Cads! Fiends! Don't buy it :P|
So I was comfortable with that for a while, until I started seeing others. Nicer ones, structured, less shiny, less baggy, more...satchelly.
(Oh, and my Primark one broke.)
So in desperation I checked into the British Heart Foundation shop today, looking for a cheap, temporary bag and looky! A small-ish black satchel, only a bit worn, for the cheap, CHEAP price of five of your british pounds!
There would be pictures but everything is being a gay, so there's not. Enjoy the silence.
Loves for thrifting!