Saturday 11 September 2010

Feeling patriotic, feeling kinda sick.


Anyway, tonight was Last Night of the Proms.

I WOULD TALK MORE ABOUT THIS BUT AMERICANS CAN BE SUCH TWATS!
Fucking hell. Racist bigots.
And I'm talking about the protesters, not the general population of the country.
Ugh ugh ugh.

Anyway, to calm yourself down, I suggest you mosey yourself over to iplayer or whatever and watch the Benjamin Britten arrangement of God Save The Queen. Don't sing along or anything. Just listen.

It will make you happy.


(It's not on youtube yet or I'd link y'all up.)

Anyway, I just think it's beautiful to see a display of mankind of many, many ethnicities all coming together just to sing. Even if you disagree with the concept of celebrating Britain's often brutal and bloody past. What's being celebrated is our country, our people, our diversity; the traditions that we see copied across the globe (tea is so cool these days!) the new things we try...and things we get wrong, too.

All I'm trying to say is that I'm proud of our England, proud of my national identity, and proud to stand with my hand on my heart and sing God save our gracious queen, long live our noble queen...long may she reign.

Emma xxx

(Please excuse my rampant patriotism. You know how I roll.)


 

No comments: