Friday 25 June 2010

Ok what the hell?

My blog-follows have mysteriously disappeared from Google Reader.
Wth, the whole point of going Google was to keep up with my blogs!

EDIT: It's back now :)

ALSO HOLY SHIT A FRICKING ENORMOUS BEE JUST FLEW IN, AGHAGHAGH.

I'm going to man up and ignore it.

In other news, I am actually brown!! Well browny-red, which makes a change from my usual lobster red. I don't know whether to blame my very distant scottish ancestry, or the poles.

Who I am also descended from, btw, I'm not anti-Pole-y.

So today I visited Nottingham Uni. Major pluses: it's an AAB offer for English, the course looks fun, the grounds are fabulous.
Major minuses: not many. Accomodation is kinda pricey, but isn't it all?

On the train there, I finally finished Captain Corelli's Mandolin...oh lordy, I cried at one point. Honest to God tears. The ending was...disappointing, though. It dragged on for too long imo. Even though I get it's realistic or naturalistic to have Pelagia and Corelli getting old, it's still depressing to see Pelagia getting all crazy and uber-traditional. Maybe it's one of those things I'll appreciate when I'm older and not so obsessed with youth.

"Italians always act without thinking, it's the glory and the downfall of your civilisation. A German plans a month in advance what his bowel movements will be at Easter, and the British plan everything in retrospect, so it always looks as though everything occurred as they intended. The French plan everything whilst appearing to be having a party, and the Spanish...well, God knows. Anyway, Pelagia is Greek, that's my point."

That made me chuckle.

I never want to watch the film though, because in my head it's so vivid I think it'd ruin it.



More importantly, it's Friday. Thanks as usual to Lauren

1. If I could choose my last meal it would be: This is the hardest question ever. I'd have an ultimate burger on one plate (beefburger, cheese, bacon, bbq source), then chips, yorkshire puddings, sausages and gravy on another. Then apple crumble and ice cream for pud. And an after eight to finish. And a diet coke.

2. My favorite person to share a meal with is: My family. We always end up having a chuckle :)

3. The best meal I've ever had was Honestly? Nothing really sticks out :(

4. The one food that makes me feel instantly better when I'm having a bad day is: hardcore chocolate, I'm talking something heavy like a mars bar. I try to avoid them usually due to calorie fest but on a bad day, it's just like heaven.

5. My absolute specialty in the kitchen is: I'm not the best of chefs. My speciality is probably eggy bread because it's the only thing I can cook that involves a modicum of chef-ly knowledge. The rest is...get food out of freezer. Cook food. Eat food.

6. The city that has the best food is: ...well I'm not really placed to say but the place we go in France has three fantastic (and cheap) restaurants about a minute apart. Yum.

7. My favorite healthy snack is: Errr healthy? Me? MDR! No but carrot sticks and dip. Or without dip. They taste good, refreshing et al.

8. In my opinion the nationality which has the best food is: Italy. Pizza, pasta, ice cream. I don't even need anything else. Plus the one pizza I had in Rome was DE-VINE.

9. If I could learn to cook anything in the world (and be really good at it!): I'd probably just go for having chef-like intuition...my mom and my sister can both cook without thinking about it, just chucking stuff in and it works...me I have to plan like a machine.

10. The most outrageous dessert I've ever had was: I once ate a steamed sponge pudding that was supposed to serve 4 people. I have literally never been so full in my life, but it was DELISH.

And that, as they say, is the end of that.

Emma xo.

No comments: