Why? I need to. I just don't care.
ANYHOO, as you all know by now, it's Fill In The Blank Friday
And sadly, I have posted nada since last Friday. Gutting, I know. Anyway.
1. One fashion trend I really regret is: The ponchoes were pretty disastrous, weren't they? It didn't help that they came along about the same time as my fat chubster stage, so I sort of looked like a knitted marshmellow with legs. Imagine that if you will.
2. The one thing that always completes any outfit is the right handbag, or a necklace, or even both. I am addicted to purchasing both. That and ebay junk is the reason I am SKINT.
3. I would describe my personal style as rolled out of bed, picked whatever was easiest and managed to look effortlessly awesome? That's the aim, anyway. The other day, my friend said I have "an air of cool about me whatever I wear." Honestly? Best compliment I've ever recieved. Seriously, though, I have a two style rules that I've stuck to since I was picking my own clothes:
The Tight Baggy Rule
Tight on top, baggy on the bottom. Baggy on the top, tight on the bottom. Stick to that and you cannot go wrong. Except school dress code, in which you are allowed to wear tight-tight because you go to an all-girls grammar school, don't wear makeup and haven't brushed your hair. Ergo, you couldn't look slutty if you tried.
The Try-Hard Rule
Wear something exceptional everyday. By which I mean, a skirt instead of jeans, an accessory, just something that shows you've spent more than thirty seconds on an outfit. Even if you haven't.
4. My fashion muse is the Drama Kids at college. They're pretentious, "boho" idiots but they dress well, if they took themselves less seriously. So I try to dress like them with a pinch of salt added :)
5. If I could own one designer piece of clothing it would be? I honestly have no idea. I don't know anything designer-y. Maybe some really epic shoes. Louboutin? Yeah, some plain black Louboutins with a red sole.
6. I would love to raid the wardrobe of my sister. Her clothes are fabulous, but she's a size 6 or something so nothing fits. But if she'd just grow out a bit, we'd have a combined wardrobe to be proud of.
7. Today I am wearing a green dress donated by one of my mom's friends that is actually surprisingly nice, some grey tights I borrowed off my sister (at least our legs are the same length) and a black cardigan that I actually own. I'm a style scavenger, by the way. Next to nothing I own is actually first-hand, not-bought-in-the-sale bona fide clothing. But I'm fussy about what I scavenge.
Well that's that. Till next Friday I suppose!