Wednesday 3 March 2010

There's nothing on the TV,


nothing on the radio,
that means that much to me,
nothing on the tv, nothing on the radio,
that I can believe in.












I love Razorlight, truly-dooly. However, that is not what this post is on, in fact it's on Chris Brown and Crawl. I've been watching the UK top 40 (because as I said in lyric form, there's nothing on the TV, although I haven't checked the radio) and Chris Brown is back. This may be old news, I don't know.

The unfortunate thing is that I actually really like the song.

If we crawl
'till we can walk again
And we'll run
Until we're strong enough to jump
And we'll fly
Until there is no end.

Mostly just the chorus, the rest is pretty rubbish. Anyway, the point is that I feel bad liking it after what he did to Rihanna. Is this something that the public is really willing to forget? I mean, I don't know the whole story behind it - oh to be a fly on the wall - but I can't see it any other way than a man hitting his girlfriend, and I honestly believe that that is ALWAYS wrong. Always. Period. And I'm pretty flexible with my morals.

I'll tell you what else bugs me (brief distraction - *ooh*, fireflies is on!) is the video. Have you seen the girl? Mega-star, hair shaved on one side of her head, remind you of anyone? Now, there's meekly creeping back into the limelight and releasing a serious-type ballad so people will see your contriteness, contrition?, but this is basically capitalizing on the whole scenario! That's just wrong. What, you expect us to forgive you because you're wearing nerd glasses and need to learn how to walk? I'm sorry but no. Absolutely no.

But...I do quite like the song...


Over and out,

Emma x




No comments: