Thursday 13 August 2009

Seriously guys,

What have I accomplished this summer? Really?

Well...me and my friend said the b-word to each other. Big deal.
That's right, after five years we now feel comfortable adding the BEST prefix to our relationship. You heard correctly, we're BEST FRIENDS now!

I do wonder if I've grown up since I was 5, seriously. And the answer I give myself is no, in fact I've probably regressed considering the uber mature 5 year olds I meet in the course of my oh-so-exciting summer work at the library.

Basically I help the brats with their reading challenge, and I can now give you a complete transcript of almost every conversation. In fact...BRB guys, I'm going to make an effort!

Well screw that. Making flow charts is so difficult; I'll just tell you instead.

Me: "Hey, have a seat. What's your name please?"
Child: "Amy"
Me: "Ok, what's your last name?"
Child: "Um..." (looks to Mom for help) "Johnson"
Me: "Ok, I'll just find your card."
*3 hours later*
Me: HERE IT IS! Woo...okay, um, so these are your 3rd and 4th books right?
Child: Um...yes?
Me: Great! So...which one was your favourite book?
Child: That one.
Me: And what happened in that one?
Child: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Me: Great! And the other one?
Child: blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Me: Okay, here are your silver stickers, sticker wallet, holographic card, bookmark, miscellaneous paperwork and would you mind completing a review sheet?
Child: o_0 (boggled by the fact that its raining paper)

Repeat 20 times in 3 hours and please try not to kill yourself.


Why do I set myself up for these things?

The hour and a half yesterday when they had a magician in has been the highlight of my week.

No comments: