Thursday 2 February 2012

Fill in the Blank...Thursday?

I appreciate this is two FITBs almost in a row.
I appreciate it's not Friday.
Howevah.
I AM PROCRASTINATING.
I'm bloody good at that. Without further ado, I therefore present the blanks!


Wait, no, not them!



1.   My favourite place I've ever traveled to is...


Favourite place, or favourite holiday? If we're talking location alone, going to Rome in February 2010 (?) was one of the most beautiful, insanely vibey, interesting and just plain awesome countries I've ever seen. For a casual history nerd like me, walking down a plain ol' pavement and being told "oh, that's Roman, by the way,"  was just insane. I had such a moment in the Collosseum, as well. Standing on the same ground upon which people fought to death, and crowds surged watching and stuff...gah, it's awesome. Plus it was with my school friends which was pretty darn awesome too

Mine.
2. __________ is somewhere I'd love to go someday.


I'm going to cheat, here! Whilst I have a list of places I've never been to and would love to see, my real holiday dream is to do it alone: go somewhere new and just soak it all in by myself, see the sights, do some thinking...ah, it'd be fabulous :)

3.  I pass the time on a plane (or bus, or car ride or train) by: 


Awkwardly enough, I can't read on most transport or I start to feel ill, so normally I'll either listen to music on my iPod, or play stupid car games with my sister if she's there. Sometimes I'll just drift off and have a think, time goes quicker then. If I'm on the train home or back to uni I usually try and get some reading done though, as I don't tend to feel sick on trains and it's the ideal slot to get some work out of the way!

4.  My three must-haves when I travel are my iPod, a blanket, and foods!

I literally cannot do long journeys without *some* music at *some* point. It seriously has to be done. Blankets because long journeys are soooo much easier when you're warm and comfortable. It's like being in bed, except you're moving! And food because I get peckish and bored when travelling :P my mom always makes a point of doing enormous travel picnics for long journeys. It's excellent.

5.  My favorite travel companion is I do have a thing for travelling alone, as I said. Mostly my sister, just because we do it all the bloody time, but I love love LOVE going on holiday with my besties as well, shake things up a bit! I'm basically very easy on who I'm with :P

6.  The craziest thing that ever happened to me while travelling is: 


Craziest? I'm sure I've related this story before, but the time I forgot my passport on our first no-parents-present holiday was one of the most terrifying and stressful holiday experiences I've had. Picture a seventeen year old girl literally weeping at the markedly unsympathetic security man at 4am in the morning as he drily tells her "there's no flights until...Tuesday, I think."

TUESDAY. Luckily (as he finally told me) I got a flight from another airport a few hours later after dragging my poor Dad out of bed and down the 2.5 hour drive to London, but nevertheless it was very stressful.

My craziest holiday per se was probably Zante, though. Well, it was always going to be.


7.  The most exotic food I've ever tried while travelling is:


Not sure I can answer this! The closest thing I've had to exotic food is unskinned prawns, and that doesn't really count seeing as I nearly threw up looking at their hideous beady eyes :/

8.  If I could live anywhere else, I'd live in:

At this time in my life, I can think of nothing better than living in the heart of it all in London. But as I get older I want to be able to move somewhere quieter. I think I'd always want the UK to be my home, but I'd *love* to have a job that involves travelling.

9.  I have been to five states in the U.S.


Happy not-Friday, everyone!

No comments: