So...the sun. Don't get me wrong, I am mega okay with the sunny, sunny days we're having at the moment; the impromptu frisbee games, the walks around campus, et cetera. Love me some sunshine.
Unfortunately I also started Job #2 yesterday, at York Racecourse. Which is great: it's money, plus it's only sort of every other weekend during the summer, meaning I can spend more time in York (huzzah!) without angering my parents (huzzah!) and earn some dollar to pay the rent before my loan goes in (SERIOUS HUZZAH OF RELIEF.)
Yesterday I was put on table service, which involved me wandering around in the sunshine offering jugs of Pimms and bottles of champagne to Very Rich People. Who tip like Scrooge, by the way. More importantly though, I was not aware I was going to be outside, so no suncream. Also no chairs to sit on, so I literally went 12 hours without sitting down. Result: today I have the face of a red tomato, and I'm hobbling like an old granny.
Still, money is money. And they pay cash in hand which is the WORLD'S most exciting experience okay.
Aaaaaand also have some blanks, I'm feeling generous. Thanks Lauren!
1. The best surprise ever would be: is it bad that whilst everyone else seems to be going with a surprise holiday, I was thinking more along the lines of waking up with superpowers. Or discovering I have an evil twin. SOMETHING COOL. I think I watch too much sci-fi.
2. ... is my most favourite memory: True fact: sometimes I stalk myself on Facebook, right from the beginning, and I have so many happy memories it makes me want to puke unicorns or something. WAY UP THERE is the warm snuggly feeling I get when I think about a certain picnic in the dark in a bandstand in Chester, but it's one of those things that's *very* difficult to explain.
3. The hardest, but most worthwhile thing I've ever done was: apart from not walking out mid-shift yesterday? A Levels, maybe. Freshers Week? It was hard but it's gained me some friends. Oh, I don't know.
4. The best part of my day is: about 4pm, or whenever I finish my duties for the day. I can lounge around in a state of undress watching Buffy for a few hours, which is always pleasant.
5. Something I like that most people don't is: working. I'm nuts. But I like the independence of having money much more than having boatloads of free time to waste.
6. Something I am willing to fight for is: I do not get angry easily. The last time I got bone-shakingly, tear down the walls angry was a couple of years ago now, I said the following on a Facebook thread: "It's taking all my restraint not to really let rip at her, I've never been properly mean to someone before but there is so much VENOM in me right now I could destroy her, I mean actually destroy her into a thousand tiny pieces and then sweep them into the drain and let them mingle with the sewage and then burn the sewage and then i don't even KNOW how I could take that metaphor any further."
So I suppose when people betray my trust I am willing to fight my corner. Also to clarify I did mean "destroy" though the power of words rather than literally. I would also fight to the death for my friends and family, but I suppose that's a given?
7. Something you might not know about me is uh, guys? This is my blog. I kind of tell you people everything? Although I've just been reading my leaver's notebook on a whim and here is some rules I gave myself then, that's an interesting thing. Please note that they were written when I was feeling EXTREMELY emotional at the end of my school career hence the mild cheesiness.
1) Be proud, always be proud, of who you are
2) Ignore the barriers. You are not alone. You are never ever alone. PEOPLE LOVE YOU.
3) Life consists of beautiful golden shimmering moments. Use them.
4) Relax. Roll with the punches. Que sera sera. The world's your oyster.
THERE, wasn't that fun new and exciting? Have a lovely week!