Thursday 5 January 2012

Well I haven't done this for a while...

Why did I never publish this?!



1. My favorite quote is there are so many good quotes out there!

This one, which combines beauty and science so marvellously I wish I'd written it.
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today. --Lawrence Krauss

This one, from Wuthering Heights, which is the most amazing expression of love I've read.
Nelly, I am Heathcliff! (and then later) He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightening, or frost from fire."

This, which is just nice:
I've fallen for you like an amazonian tree. Which is to say: hard, fast, and although unnoticed by most of the general population, not without great consequence.

And finally, this, which I've mentioned before and I'll say it again: my ultimate YOUR LIFE IS NOT OVER STOP STRESSING QUOTE:
Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.    

Probably did a little bit more than I needed to there. Never mind.  

2. A bad habit I have is never emptying bags...overnight bags, holiday suitcases, school bags, handbags, they all lie around my room until I need something from them. Actually I'm just plain messy. It grows around me without me even noticing half the time, and then suddenly BAM, I'm wading knee-deep in shite.

3. The first time I felt like a "grown up" was this is a hard question, because I'm 17 and hardly a grown-up! (Sweet Jesus this is old!) There have been moments where I've felt very old, though. When the kids in my dance class called me Miss. Realising I could walk through the school corridors and actually see over everyone's heads.

4. Weekends are shorter than they used to be. I MISS SATURDAYS SO BADLY :( a change from the status quo, at any rate. And I LOVE Sundays.

Weekends got drastically better after I quit my job and moved to uni...

5. When I was a child I wished my name was I went through an India stage, and (weirdly) a Felicity stage...I was a strange child.

6. I wish I was clever enough to do witty banter with people. It sucks when I get stuck trying to uphold my end of the conversation.

Well...some things never change.

7. A secret I have is and I never answered this one, which is probably why I never published it! Well...I can't speak for my 17 year old self, but I don't have many secrets any more...at least not interesting ones.

No comments: