Thursday 3 September 2009

FRAULEIN SALLY BOOOOOWLES!

Guess what I've been to see.

I've had a bit of a fascination for Nazi Germany going on for about...a year, maybe two, now. I just drink up anything around the time and the area...something about it really captured my interest. So going to see Cabaret was a great big treat for me, because it combined history and music.

Wayne Sleep played his MC part brilliantly, by the way. Just the right amount of creepy. The dancers were all brilliant (bar one) and the acting also pretty good.

There were also lots of gratuitous naked people, gay kissing and people having 'sex' on stage, (including 6ft Helga and a 5ft sailor) which was a bit awkward seeing as I went with my mom and little sister.

But seriously, it was awesome. *such* a story, really, I nearly cried when Sally was singing Cabaret.

Not exactly a fluffy musical though.

LIFE IS A CABAREEEET.

By the way.

1 comment:

Jessica Samantha said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog, girl :-)

And that sucks they didn't get you a job. You should sue them ;-)