Wednesday 7 March 2012

And in a departure from the norm...

Lessons in Procrastination
By Emma Crighton

So the way my course is set up, my assessed essays are handed in in two blocks: two in Week 5, two in Week 9.
It's Week 9 right now, and my Global Lit essay is causing me SO MUCH STRESS (it's due Friday.)
So I figured I'd take a break, paint my nails and get an early night.
ONE AND A HALF HOURS LATER...


I did nails. They are cool.
Well no, actually, they're a bit messy and still drying. I also have no idea why they took me that long.
I also feel like I'm committing a cyber-crime by uploading fuzzy webcam photos, but my battery charger has broken so it's this or an intense verbal description.

Anyway, the point is, I really like to paint my nails when I'm stressed. 
The other point is, if you have a Pinterest account and like nails, you should follow my friend  Elly's nail board or, if you fancy it, my board which occasionally has nails on it but mostly just things I find good.


The little guy in the middle of this hand was totally intentional. My hand absolutely did not slip. Nope.

Nail varnishes used, for anyone who cares:
Cha-Cha from the Strictly Fab-u-lous nail varnish set (£16)
17 standard black nail polish (£2.99)
Laval French Manicure white nail polish (£1.25)

Addenendum:
SO BOOTS DO MAGNETIZED NAIL POLISH NOW.
YOU HOVER THE LID OVER THE POLISH AND IT MOVES.
HOW AWESOME IS THAT.



I've also been lusting after some glow-in-the-dark nail polish.
Because it's awesome.


Well...this was a nail related ramble. Night, all.

Emma x

1 comment:

Elly R said...

Ems, I need you to know that your nails are super awesome (and look similar to something on my pinterest :P. I really like the crooked on in the middle, it's fun. Also you can't follow any of the links in your post. Also, i attempted to do this to my nails in shades of blue and it was an epic catastrophe. http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/02/mani-monday-3/
miss you :(
SOON YOU MUST COME HERE!