Thursday 29 September 2011

ABCs of me!

Hey everybody! I know I've been appalling at posting recently. I'm averaging something like once every three weeks, which is SHOCKING. So in an attempt to keep the ball moving, I'm going to blog every day for the next 26 days.

Well no, I might not. I'm moving away to uni next weekend so chances are I won't have the time for that hefty I commitment, but I hereby promise you this: if I have ten minutes to spare, I will attempt to use that time to churn out a blog post.

But why 26, I hear you cry! Well, because I'm going to do the ABCs of me tag, which I nicked from Amy's blog (which by the way you should all check out.) It's supposed to be a one-post deal but I figured I'd spin it into something more substantial, so without further ado, I present you...the letter A.


Age


I turned 18 in June, it's honestly been my favourite age so far, for a few reasons: eighteen means I can legally drink, which is pretty cool and which has definitely increased the range of things I can do on a Friday or Saturday night. I also was able to do work experience at HarperCollins (which I blogged about here and has a minimum age limit of 18)

I love you.
There are a few legal downsides, too: I have to pay adult price for basically everything now...which sucks. But really, that's by the by. Whilst the legalities of being eighteen have been novel, it's really the things I've done whilst 18 (ish...) that have made it my favourite age: holidays, free periods at sixth form (FOOD!) and leaving school which was sad but also made me realise how much I loved everyone...and then starting university which is going to be a MASSIVE step. It's a really...big...year.

And I love it! My life so far has been fab, but eighteen years doing the same thing in the same place has made me lonely and comfortable and I need to change it up and challenge myself! I don't doubt moving on to uni will be terrifying and there will be scary moments and awkward moments and moments where I want to jack it in and go home and snuggle up with my mom. But I cannot wait.

Eighteen has basically been a year of change. Huzzah for eighteen.



For reference, here's the list I'll be blogging on for the next month or so:
A. Age
B.Bed size
C.Chore that you hate
D.Dogs
E. Essential start to your day
F. Favorite Colour
G. Gold or Silver?
H. Height
I. Instruments you play
J. Job title
K. Kids
L. Live
M. Mother's name
N. Nicknames
O. Overnight hospital stays
P. Pet peeves
Q. Quote from a movie
R. Right or left handed
S. Siblings
T. Time you wake up
U. Underwear?
V. Vegetable you hate
W. What makes you run late?
X. X-rays you've had
Y. Yummy food that you make
Z. Zoo animal

After that it should just about be time for NaNoWriMo...at which point I'll probably drop off the radar again. Sorry in advance for that :)

So um...obligatory end of blog question-time! How old are you? What's been your favourite age so far! Zoo!


Emma x



3 comments:

Eeshie said...

WHOAAA this ABC thing is so cool. I should totally do that:)

A said...

Awh love it! Great idea to post one a day :)

Aoife. said...

asdfgh this is so cool :] I would so do this if I had the patience, but I'd probably lose it after 'J' or so. Good luck!