Tuesday 12 October 2010

Want.


You've probably heard of Shakespeare and Company, to be honest, but I only just discovered it - it's an English-language bookshop on the Left Bank in Paris, and it looks wonderful. The original S&co was frequented by the likes of Hemingway and Pound,
and now,
and now,
they offer young writers and artistes (known as "Tumbleweeds") a bed for a few hours behind the tills. The middle picture shows one of the places they sleep.

BOOKS ALL UP THE WALLS,
AND A LITTLE BED,
AND A LADDER.

I am so jealous right now.

And the other thing I like about Shakespeare and Co is the way it's american-run, but they spell Shakespeare the english way. Oh, love.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

How do Americans spell Shakespeare?

I completely agree with you about the book store. It looks great.

Amanda said...

I love Shakespeare & Co!! When I lived in Paris, it was one of my favorite places to just unwind with a good book. There's a little park right next door great for reading, and it has magnificent views of Notre Dame {since it's RIGHT on the river!}

I'm American...that's how I spell Shakespeare. Is there another way, haha? :)