Wednesday 18 July 2012

I'm in the mood for something lazy: Bloggers 411


So I went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden today, and OH MY GOD CAN I GET AN AWESOME? I'm going to write it all up at some point because I feel the need to get it all out. Until then, though, have a pointless miscellaneous quiz. Hooray. I think I'm going to tag it "About Me" as a kind of introduction post, because why the heck not. 

1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
Quite a loaded question! My first 'blog' was a Windows Live Space blog, created April 2005, which sadly no longer exists, but I've quoted some of the best bits in my post here.
This blog itself began on the 24th September 2008, or at least that's when I seem to have first posted!
Why did I start a blog? The simple answer is that I can't really remember, but I imagine it had something to do with a) the fact that I like to write out things in order to organise my brain and b) most of my internet platforms had at least one person I knew on them and sometimes I needed...not that. 
Has my blog changed? I hope so! At least I hope my writing style has improved and the content has potentially improved a little too. It's still essentially just me rambling nonsensically at unexpected intervals.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
Currently in progress! I'm studying English Lit at the University of York at the moment. Which is cool. I enjoy it.
(I sort of resent this question...it feels kind of elitist. But hey ho, shit happens.)

Seriously. This is my life.


3. Where have you travelled?
Ultimately I take no credit for where I've been lucky enough to travel, it's all down to my hardworking wonderful excellent parents, and occasionally sometimes me where I've funded myself. But basically I've been to France, Spain, Italy, Menorca, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Greece and America (DC, Philadelphia, NYC.)
Cool.   




4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

My parents' mortgages.
Then my student loans/rent.
Then I might actually do something fun with what's left :P


5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
  • People

6. What is your favorite movie?

Seriously big question! I honestly struggle to pick a favourite but here's my top 5 in no particular order:
- The King's Speech
- Love, Actually
- Back to the Future
- Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
- Actually I think I'm gonna put The Avengers in here. Gah, that's HARD!


7. What is your drink of choice: wine, beer, or liquor? water, soda, or tea?
Of these categories, wine (rose and sweet and cheap thank you) and soda (cheeky 7up Free anybody?)
I'm generally speaking something of a cider girl.
Because I'm classy.


8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Plough through another series of something Whedon online, or read something exciting off my reading list. Indulge in some carbohyrates or some chocolate. Get my duvet down on to the sofa. Yes please.


9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Wow...uh, that's hard! I really have no clue. I don't shop much. Honestly I'd probably say something like Tesco or Amazon so I could get lots of different things!
I'd spend most of it on books.


10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past. 

Too, too many to count! One that still sticks out in my mind is the time I got confused over a coda in Junior Wind Band, had to ask the conductor what was going on in front of everyone (embarrassing enough) AND THEN I started crying. In Wind Band. In front of everyone.
Sigh. 


11. What day would you love to relive again?
So many beautiful days that have happened in my life! Potentially the first time my friends and I got properly tipsy in one of my friend's back gardens. It was just an overwhelmingly happy time in my life.
No, wait! Perhaps it's one of the glorious sunny days I had with my friends when we holidayed in the South of France two years ago.
Or maybe seeing my dance class perform in a show last year. Actually, seeing the show choir club I helped out in perform, also last year.
Or maybe the day I got my A Level results and realised all my hard work had paid off.
Or this one time (I can't remember why) we sat in the park (I can't remember when) and it was perfect.
Or maybe just one of the casual laid back days I spent in the common room asleep/reading/talking/doing nothing.
Ohh, I don't know. TOO MANY. TOO HAPPY. 


12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Um. I have no clue.


13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
College (University)
Campus shop
Local racecourse (waitressing...ish)
"High School"
Tesco
I spent a bit of time in a charity shop volunteering.
Also I spent 5 years...maybe 4...volunteering at the library every summer too.

Boom. 


14. Show us a picture from high school or college.


You all did it once.
Also this:

                           

I feel like these two pictures combined summarise my school experience. One minute you're happy as Larry, the next you are DYING OF STRESS.



15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Somewhere remote...like, empty. But with wifi. And food. And paper and pens.


16. Show us the most current picture of you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.


What?! Harry Potter means something to me!
Also it was taken like, 4 hours ago so it's certainly current.


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
If all goes to plan...qualified, employed, settled. Sound good?

No comments: